Welcome To Our Clinic
We will begin seeing clients back in the office on June 1, 2020. Telehealth and phone sessions will still be offered and we encourage anyone who is comfortable with that form of therapy session to continue to utilize it. If there is a resurgence of the pandemic or if other health concerns arise, we will require that sessions return to telehealth/phone session only.
As we transition back into seeing clients in the office we will be taking the following precautions to protect the clients and staff -
- We will be reducing the in-office session hours. Any session scheduled for 5:00 pm or later will be telehealth/phone only. This allows our staff to be able to thoroughly clean the office each day.
- If you are sick or have had a fever (of 100 or higher) or sore throat/cough in the last 24 hour you will HAVE to reschedule or have your appointment using telehealth/phone.
- NO extra people in the waiting room. If they will not be going into session do not have them come to your appointment.
- We ask all patients to wait in the their car or outside until no earlier that 5 minute before your appointment time. If you choose, you can call the office when you arrive and then the staff will call you back when the therapist is ready.
- The bathroom will be closed to the public.
- Office seating in the waiting room and the therapy rooms have been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- Staff will maintain safe distancing.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be available in the therapy rooms, the waiting room and at the reception counter.
- Masks are not required but you can choose to wear one.
- We schedule appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
Please read over the attached informed consent for in-person services during the COVID-19 public health crisis. You will need to sign this at your first in-person session. You can print out a copy and sign ahead of time or sign one when you arrive at the office.
If you continue with telehealth or phone sessions you will need to be in a quiet, confidential area during your session.
If you are doing a phones session and the therapist is using a personal phone it may come up as a blocked number. Please verify that the number that we have on file is the number that you would like us to call.
Grinstead & Associates offers a comfortable and supportive atmosphere with a personalized approach tailored to each of our clients' individual needs. If you are seeking counseling service we can assist on your journey to attain the personal growth you have been striving for. Therapists provide research based therapeutic approaches to the client's mental health needs. The clinic is an interactive, solution-focused mental health clinic. The therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. The clinic therapist will integrates complementary methodologies and research based techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, our clinic therapists will works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
We can assist with a wide range of life’s issues, behavioral issues, and psychological issues. Our group provides services that span from individual, group, family, couple, and marital therapy.
You can rest assured knowing that the services we offer are completely confidential .
The goals of the new owners of the clinic are to continue in the therapeutic model and traditions of the former owner/clinical director Dr. Peg O’Rourke, blend with new modern technologies to advance treatment, and use current researched based therapy practices to meet the needs of our client’s treatment goal and objectives. All clients are welcome
Grinstead & Associates is a mental health clinic specializing in individual, couples and family therapy and has maintained a private practice clinic in Burlington, Iowa since 1987.
Grinstead & Associates is the former O'Rourke Group and Gibson Associates . Gibson Associates started the clinic in 1987 and in early 2000 the clinic was renamed The O'Rourke Group after the new owner Dr. Peg O'Rourke. In 2012 Brandie Grinstead and Michael Pierce purchased the clinic and renamed it Grinstead, Pierce & Associates. Brandie Grinstead became the sole owner is 2016. And is became Grinstead & Associates in 2019.
Brandie received her undergraduate degree in Psychology/Sociology from Iowa Wesleyan College and received her master’s degree in Social Work at St. Ambrose University. She currently practices as a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) The specialties of practice for Brandie include LBGTQ issues, grief Issues, eating disorders, woman issues, domestic abuse issues, marital counseling, and anxiety issues.
The goals of the clinic are to continue in the therapeutic model and traditions of the former owner/clinical director Dr. Peg O’Rourke, to blend with new modern technologies, and use current researched based therapy practices to meet the needs of our clients.